In my 20 years of existence, this was by far the most spontaneous thing that I’ve done. A few friends and I were talking about going on a road trip this summer, and were tossing up different ideas of where we could go. We knew we wanted to make the most of the sunny weather and go to a place where we could do water sports and lounge on the beach. Between the four of us we had uni, work and family commitments that we had to take into consideration, and we realised that the only possible time we could go would be the following week (i.e. less than 6 days to prepare) or in two months time. The level of excitement was so high, that we decided to go for it and start planning. Within the next 24 hours we would find a destination, a place to stay, definite time off of work and the burning desire to escape reality and unwind.
This place did not disappoint. The house was amazing (all the love to Beth for her amazing place!), we were just a 2 minute walk away from the water with beaches all within driving distance. Here are just a few highlights from the trip:
- Finding an adorable rest stop with a great view and a crazy pelican.
- Having unbelievably (and unfairly!) photogenic friends who gracefully pose for photos.
- Finding out the place we’re staying at has a pool (and FLOATIES!)
- Coming across this hip ice-cream parlour (Greg & Audrey’s) with the most lovely people who sold these epic ice cream sandwiches.
- Going to the grocery 3 times in one day because we kept forgetting things.
- Having a backyard summer BBQ with great music, great food and the best company.
- Beach hopping and seaside picnics.
- Pretty wharfs to take photos on.
- Epic Thai food at Toronthai.
- Late night waffles (the Banana Butterscotch and the Nutella one – do it!), big breakfasts (Team Eggs Benny) and more lovely people at Nabos.
- Being fancy with a cheese platter and wine.
- Scary zombie movie nights on comfy couches.
- Getting lit playing Balderdash.
- Getting to spend amazing quality time with some of the truest friends you could ever have.
I would highly recommend that you check this place out! We didn’t get to do water sports due to the lack of time, but all the food, the people and the beaches were more than we could have wanted. It was an amazingly refreshing and much-needed few days aways, and I would recommend Toronto to anyone.