Starting date: 25th April 2017
This one is a little bit tricky for a few reasons. First, I wasn’t actually able to use a skipping rope by myself until I was about 10. I struggled quite a bit with the coordination necessary to jump in time to moving the rope. I was perfectly fine if I was in the middle with two people holding the rope at either end, but never by myself. Second is defining what I mean by ‘pro’. Some quick internet research came up with a few results: someone who does it for a living or when it becomes your life and is no longer just a job or chore. When I think of ‘pro at skip rope’ I literally think of being able to do tricks, rather than just straight out skip rope. And so my goals for this task are as follows:
- Being able to skip for 30 seconds straight without faltering (25.04.2017)
- Being able to skip for 1 minute straight without faltering (25.04.2017)
- Being able to gradually increase my speed over time (28.04.2017)
- Being able to jump side to side without faltering (02.05.2017)
- Being able to criss-cross without faltering
I’ve found quite a number of tricks that you can do that I didn’t even know existed up until this point, so I might attempt those tricks once I’ve reached the goals I’ve set for myself. I realise that a lot of this might seem simple to some, but I’ve always wanted to be able to do these. I’ll keep coming back to this, with a date when I achieve each. Wish me luck!